15 Mar 2021
Branding is one of, if not the most important part of growing a business and increasing sales of goods and services. As a business owner, there are so many things that you need to know about branding so that you can ensure that when you begin this procedure in your business, everything goes as expected.
With so many types of branding specialists and strategies today, things have become very hard for people who are not informed about branding and all it entails. For this reason, you do not want to be among the misinformed business people. Since you want to excel by the end of the day, you have to ensure that you learn all you can about branding. In this article, we will cover most of the things that you should learn about branding.
Types of branding
There are seven types of branding that you should know about before you to select the type that is best for you and your business. The seven types of branding include:
- Personal branding – As the name suggests, personal branding is a type of branding used by individuals rather than branding or the business as a whole. This type of branding is meant to establish the characters or personality of individuals. Therefore, it is used by celebrities, politicians, leaders, and athletes who want their names to be known by the public.
- Product branding – This is the most popular type of branding and is used by most business people. It focuses on publicizing some products unlike personal branding, this type of branding ensures that customers can identify the products quickly. In this kind of branding, designs or symbols help the customers differentiate your products from other peoples’ products.
- Corporate branding – This type of branding includes the core values and philosophies of a business developed by a company to present itself and its employees to the world. This ensures that the person looking for a business that they can trust gets to know them and make its current customers invest more.
- Service branding – Service branding is used by companies or even persons that provide certain services to the people. Service branding ensures that more people become aware of certain services being offered to the people.
- Co-branding – This is a type of branding that connects different companies. Therefore, two or more companies or businesses partner to help each other positively as far as their brands are concerned.
- Online branding – It is also known as internet branding since it helps business owners to market themselves to online customers.
- Non-brand branding – It is also known as minimalist branding and is quite different from the above types of branding. This is because it expects the products or services provided to the customers to speak for themselves without anything that most people give to their customers.
What to consider when selecting a branding strategy
Now that you know the types of available branding and which type is best for you, you have to find out how you should select the best branding strategy. The following are some of the things that will help you develop the best branding strategy to help your brand go to the next level.
- Define the value and purpose of your brand
- Understand your target customers
- Analyze the market and competition
- Focus on the logo and tagline of your brand
- Develop a reputable brand
- Look for consistent feedback
- Stick to the purpose of your branding
- Seek the help of qualified and experienced graphic design & branding professionals